Advance recently designed, manufactured and installed a carpet tile handling system for a UK carpet tile manufacturer.
The system took tiles from a machine, separated them into two lines, weighed the tiles, scanned them for defects on top and bottom before pairing them up and stacking.
The system also included a reject line for any tiles that failed the numerous checks. Included in the system supply was:
- Weigh scales to check the weight of each individual carpet tile.
- Vision systems to scan the surfaces of the carpet tiles, looking for defects.
- Turn wheels to invert the tiles.
- Pairing device to pair tiles up.
- Tile stacker, to stack tiles into preset stack heights before presenting them to the end of the line.
See the line operating in the video below:
Published: 19th February 2018