Advance's SmartLine™ Tote Conveyor provides an automotive customer with an ergonomic solution.
The Advance SmartLine™ Tote and Carton Conveyor is an innovative zero-line pressure system, which provides a modular and efficient solution. It is based on 24v DC drives with options of round and V belt drives to drive individual zones and provides cost-effective accumulation and control of cartons/totes for many end-of-line warehousing systems.
An automotive customer was after an ergonomic solution for their small car parts line, principally to reduce strain injuries in manual handling, as well as increasing overall productivity.
Due to its built-in flexibility, Advance recommended their SmartLine™ Tote Conveyor, adapted to provide the required user interface with the tote boxes.
Advance presented back a solution that was based on the following operator sequence:
- A tote full of car parts is loaded onto the U cell at one end of the line.
- The operator then selects the operations required for those parts on an HMI screen.
- The tote then progresses to the first required operation.
- Once it arrives in the required position, the tote lifts at one end thereby making the removal of products more ergonomic.
- Once the parts have been worked on, the operator presses a button to lower the tote and the tote moves to the next process.
The solution was approved and installed, providing a number of key operational and operator benefits.
Make an Enquiry
Please enter your enquiry in the form below. Fields marked with a (*) are mandatory.